View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Hmm. So first of all, you can only buy Kindle books from amazon.com - amazon.ca doesn't stock them. I just did a test going to amazon.com and setting my region first to Canada and then the US. The first book on the front page of the Kindle Store was "Decision Points" by George W. Bush. The US Region price was $9.99. The Canadian Region price was $9.78.

I can say for a fact that no surcharge is levied on top of this price, having bought books from Canada.

So I'm pretty confident that we're not getting dinged the international surcharge here in Canada, although book prices apparently may differ - apparently sometimes in our favour!
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote