View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Although I have a PRS-505 I have something that might help. When it comes to the darkness of the text, one thing I've found that helps to change the typeface of the text itself.

I used to use Thorndale (a typeface in StarOffice that's like Times New Roman) as my base typeface for my ebooks. I wanted my text to be darker so I checked other typefaces. I found that Georgia was significantly darker than some of the other typefaces.

To provide a comparison:

Georgia

Times New Roman

In the same way, I used to use Albany as my typeface for san-serif text. As with Thorndale I wanted a darker typeface so I chose Calibri which is both a darker and slightly smaller font that I liked better.
Now we're gitting somewhere. Any more "Hidden" tips out there?
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote