View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #154
dundey
dundey began at the beginning.

Device: entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
Melitabel,

1. use the following site (http://dustyfeet.com/edge/) to download the update file. for some reason the other sites either have an incomplete file, or my downloads just didnt complete as they were suppose to.
2. use a usb stick format it with fat. go to my computer, select the drive that is for the usb, right click on it, and select 'format', under the options it will default to 'fat32', manually select 'fat'. place the update file in there. whatever you do the file should read update.zip. if you are not sure, under the usb explorer screen, go to 'tools', 'folder options', 'view' and locate 'hide extensions for known file types' and make sure its UNCHECKED. and then make sure the update file reads, update.zip.
3.turn off PE. connect the usb stick, and press hold menu and rotate keys, and then switch the power on button. continue holding the menu and rotate for approx 15-20 secs and you should see an update processing...then you are done. hope this helps. thanks to all who have helped me.
Followed the steps outlined above and still no success.
My uSb is 4 gig formated with fat32. The only options I have in the drop down menu are fat32 and exfat.
P-edge is currently running Dingo 1.8, does that need to be updated first?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
dundey is offline   Reply With Quote