View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Continuing the saga, since it looks like HTML2LRF can't do it, either...

I managed to C/P the text from HTML to ODT (don't ask me why, but Open Office wouldn't resave it into anything but an HTML format...) Then resaved it as a Word .doc.

Word let me set the hanging indent very nicely.... I imported the doc file into Connect and loaded onto the Reader.

It works, but... In the doc format I can't get a title or author to display, and the fonts are all too small, comparitively.... Plus it imported the colors to the subtitling (remember, this is all a mangle of the BD file,) and rendered the turquoise in a very unattrative greyscale.

I think I'll figure out where to set the right margin in Word so that it renders the hanging indents to the screen resolution, then do a S&R on the soft returns, translating them to hard returns. Then a re-import to BD for final generation, but it will only render right at one screen size.

*whew*
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote