View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Hey thank you! You're not horrid at all

As I understand it, historical romances have more romance than my books tend to I have a feeling that the people tend to be a bit grander, too.

I just found a Wikipedia article on this, and it confirmed my feeling that I don't really write historical romances. If I had to pick a sub-genre of "historical novel", "Family saga" is probably the best match.
You know, genres have changed so much. (It seems like "thriller" these days means horror and "suspense" means "somewhat horrific thriller", adventure means "action", and the word "romance" means the more strict formula, while "romantic" may be applied to other genres.)

Most of the time I write in clear other genres, but like you, I have a book that has romance, and historical aspects (imaginary world, but not magical), but is more 'women's fiction' with adventure in it.

I am trying to keep an eye on how people are managing to find an audience, and I'm beginning to think you've got to "just do it" call it whatever seems closest.

Camille
The Adventure of Anna the Great
at Smashwords, or for Kindle

The Wife of Freedom
at Smashwords, or for Kindle
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote