View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
(I have just about 30 books on my Touch, but) after uploading more than 5 books to it, the most recent reads disappear from the home screen. To find the one I want to continue reading is not so painful, because of the search function. Obviously, I have to know the title of the book. Starting the search and typing just three to four characters (at most) of the title, the one i was looking for would appear on the list of the titles which match the search pattern. I'm still on the side that it should not put the most recent uploads in place of most recent reads, but navigating back to the one I'd like to continue is not a big deal this way.
I have over 3000 books on my touch and use the Shelves management feature to handle the book organization. I am using Calibre to create the Shelves, it seems to be handleing this job quite well. I dont use Calibre to push my books to the device as I find there are still a myriade of issues still that need to be addressed. But the creation of shelves is great. I would make only one plea to the kobo Developers when we add books please rejig the firmware to leave the books we are currently reading on the home screen and instead add the books to a just added section. Honestly I don't understand the lack of common sense here from Kobo at all. I still think they need to Uncripple the Desktop Software and allow the addition of management of our entire book collections not just the books we buy from Kobo.

regards,

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote