View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've read reports of a battery life of only around 5h. If that's true, it's really not enough.

The conflicting reports were part of the reason I've held of purchasing an Android tablet till the next gen, which should hopefully become available within the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
That is 100% true. I get around 9 hours with battery saver apps, but it still demands me to plug in after that. Tablets are not for reading, they are for productivity purposes. (Like I make about 30 mindmaps everyday while studying with it.) Readers are a different thing from tablet!
Are you getting the 9 hours by switching off the radios or is that with Wifi only? I'm curious as I've seen dramatic difference in use time by switching radios on and off, especially 3G which can reduce time by nearly 30-40% over 2G (Edge, GPRS).

Having said that, 5 to 6 Hours of heavy use with 3G, etc may not be that bad when comparing it to other devices except the iPad. While eInk readers long battery lives are great, a tablet is more likely to act as a laptop replacement when out and about, and occasionally as a reader as opposed to being mainly for reading in my case.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote