View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
The murder room!

Good news everyone!

At least it's good news for lovers of mysteries

I recently discovered The Murder Room, which are dedicated to bringing the out-of-print and hard-to-find detective books by the finest classic crime writers back to print.

This is their own introduction of themselves:
Quote:
This title is part of The Murder Room, our series dedicated to making available out-of-print or hard-to-find titles by classic crime writers.

Crime fiction has always held up a mirror to society. The Victorians were fascinated by sensational murder and the emerging science of detection; now we are obsessed with the forensic detail of violent death. And no other genre has so captivated and enthralled readers.

Vast troves of classic crime writing have for a long time been unavailable to all but the most dedicated frequenters of second-hand bookshops. The advent of digital publishing means that we are now able to bring you the backlists of a huge range of titles by classic and contemporary crime writers, some of which have been out of print for decades.

From the genteel amateur private eyes of the Golden Age and the femmes fatales of pulp fiction, to the morally ambiguous hard-boiled detectives of mid-twentieth-century America and their descendants who walk our twenty-first century streets, The Murder Room has it all.
Kobo has their titles, and with an unlimited discount code of 40%, this is really nice!

Today I have bought no less than nine books, three by Clayton Rawson and six by John Dickson Carr. The latter six books are the ones I'm most entrilled about: Carr's books have been unavailable for decades in Norway, today I have bought:
The Hollow Man
The Man Who Could Not Shudder
To Wake The Dead
The Four False Weapons
In Spite of Thunder
Death-Watch

And more books by Carr are supposed to be published at a later time. Perhaps time to consider joining the book-addict thread in here?

Last edited by Iznogood; 01-29-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote