View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntro View Post
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a tablet. I'm an illustrator so I plan on using the tablet as a portable portfolio with my digital works on it - also I'd be using it for reading PDF files. Based on the specs both the Kobo Arc and the Nexus 7 seem almost matched.

The biggest difference is the price. Kobo Arc is going to sell for $200 for 16g while the Nexus 7 is $250 for 16g. Is it worth waiting for the cheaper Arc?
They are both good devices and I think whatever you choose will prove a good experience.

However there are more differences. The Nexus has a quad core processor, the latest OS 4.1, NFC, and is a Nexus which Google supports directly.
The performance on the Nexus 7 will be better than the Kobo.

The Kobo has a dual core, the UI will differer to that of maximizing the reading experience.

If you are just reading you will not notice much of a difference in performance but will enjoy the customized UI better. One note you will probably notice better performance on the Nexus when reading scanned PDF.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 10-09-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Corrected information pointed out by cdsja5
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote