View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
You realize that Kobo isn't in the business of selling ereaders; it's in the business of selling books. The KT is just the vehicle you use to purchase and consume their product. I would guess that the margin on the KT is very low, and they are hoping you will purchase some books from them. When you look at it from that perspective, some of their design decisions make more sense.
So, being in the business of selling books allows one to spam your prospective customers?

I don't know your business background but, when a company is a pretty distant third or fourth placed in a competitive market, deliberately annoying potential customers doesn't strike me as a particularly sensible "design decision".
plib is offline   Reply With Quote