View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What 'new 7" size'? What eBook reader has a 7" screen? The only one I'm aware of is the now-discontinued Sony PRS-950.

There are certainly many tablets with 7" screens, but I don't know of any device that's sold primarily as a reader that has a 7" screen. Do you?
So you think to set a clever trap with your sly ways, do you?

First I will quote:
"The Kindle Fire is a 7-inch tablet that links seamlessly with Amazon's impressive collection of digital music, video, magazine, and book services in one easy-to-use package. It boasts a great Web browser, and its curated Android app store includes most of the big must-have apps (such as Netflix, Pandora, and Hulu). The Fire has an ultra-affordable price tag, and the screen
quality is exceptional for the price." - CNET

Then I will say the Fire is more a reader or viewer than a tablet. To be a tablet it would need more "on board" storage, more flexibility, more openness. I would call it a "crippled tablet" perhaps, or even a "super" reader.

So, in my studied opinion, the Fire is indeed an eReader.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote