View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #132
rationalbiker
Connoisseur
rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
As many have already pointed out, DRM only punishes the innocent.
DRM doesn't punish anyone. Additionally, it doesn't presuppose that any particular person is a thief, it recognizes that there are thieves in the world and that the company has no way whatsoever of distinguishing who is and who is not. You take personally something that is not directed by the company personally.

DRM defines one of the limitations a product has such that a consumer can decide whether or not to VOLUNTARILY contract with the seller under such conditions. If you are anti-DRM, I expect the right and proper thing to do is not purchase products with DRM limitations attached. My hat is off to you for standing up for your principles. However, when someone crosses the line from merely not supporting the product to actually stealing the product because they don't like DRM, that says something different about the person.

I have no problem with people who oppose DRM by simply not purchasing DRM material.