View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by draconic View Post
I have a book I'm trying to convert from mobi to epub - but in both formats, original and converted, all the quotes and apostrophes and other such items are there and visible when the epub is exploded and viewed in HTML, but they're formatted like:

-----
|00|
|93|
-----

..for quotes, and 92 for apostrophes, etc. On the nook, they just show up as question marks.

Is there any way to tell Calibre what kind of encoding this uses and to replace number x with quotes, y with apostrophes, etc?

Thank you for the wonderful program and all the help. I apologize if this has been asked before, but searching for the specific character above in question just results in me searching for an open quote.

edit: i'd be happy to post the epub here, but i'm not sure how this forum feels about copyright issues, etc. let me know!
to MR

On Conversion Screen: Look and Feel: Character encoding: try cp1252

to set it as default:
Preferences: Common Options: Look and Feel: Character Encoding
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote