View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Putting a series in numerical order.

I like having my book series in chronological order. No matter how I try, I haven't figure out a way to do it with the Kindle by itself.

I've figured out a way to do it, using Calibre.

Now, for instance. Using Douglas Adam's "Hitchhikers Guide" series, when I load them into Calibre, I click on "edit meta data info", and, preceding the title, enter the number followed by the number of books in the series. Like so

(1/4) "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
(2/4) "The Restaurant at the end the the Universe"

and so forth. You don't need the number of total books if you don't want them, (see pic) and you can always come back and change the total. (1/6, etc)

Authors are listed "last name, first name" in both author fields.

Now, when I have them sorted correctly, I plug in the kindle, and (this is important) wait for it to "check for items" or whatever it does before I can upload books. When its finished, I'll click on the first book, and hit 'send to device'. Wait till thats done, (about 3-4 seconds,) then click on second one, click on 'send to device' and so forth. I"ve tried highlighting them all and sending at the same time, but they don't load correctly that way.

I would suggest, if you are going to try this, delete the books from your Kindle first, then reload with the fixed Calibre books. Also, since it takes so long for Calibre to find all the books if you've got lots like I do, get all your 'ducks in a row' so you can do this at one time.

When you are done, the books will be in series order, by number, on the Kindle.

Hope this helps someone else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	734
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	26328  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote