Thread: Boomerang
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #46
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Actually, I referred to Dorsey, not Barry. But, I agree, Dave Barry is great and writes in the same madcap style. Hiaasen , Dorsey, and Barry all Fla newspaper columnists who went on to more lucrative writing. I believe Barry and Hiaasen were at the same paper, The Miami Herald.
My bad. I am a fan of Dorsey's too, although I haven't read his latest, "Gator a Go Go" yet. He is another one who creates amazingly larger than life yet "Hey, I know somebody like that" (if maybe a bit less dangerous) sorts of characters.

Thanks again for the nice words!

Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote