View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
I'm having the same problem under XP - I'd skipped over this thread thinking it was Mac specific. I posted my issue under the thread you started at the ADE support site.

If I pull the card the Reader will eventually sort itself out - leaving it in causes a crash. One the circling arrows stop I can put in the card (which has NO DE content, btw) and it will chew on that for 15 minutes or so, like it's never seen it before and needs to index all the files, then stop. Everything will then work fine until I fiddle with a DE book from the desktop (either via ADE or the Sony software) then it's back to half-hour refresh cycles again until I reformat the memory card and reimport the books.

As I said this happens even with the DE content JUST in the Reader.

Very odd. I'm going to burn up an activation and try a hard reset on the Reader and see what happens. My DE content is all from the library and the problem seems to have all started when I downloaded my most recent two books. I was working fine before so perhaps it's related to an individual book...

Have either of you applied any hacks to your 505? I'm wondering if that might have some bearing on this?

Bob

Last edited by BobVA; 09-17-2008 at 06:25 PM.
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote