View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
http://kindle.amazon.com/

Here ya go. Sign in like you would your normal Kindle account

I am currently enjoying re-reading favorite passages from work.
This shows only highlights (with attached notes), but not annotations that don't have any highlighting. And only for Kindle Store purchases.

My Clippings.txt logs each annotation/bookmark/highlight that you add on the Kindle in question, but doesn't show any that were added on another Kindle (or Kindle apps that allow annotation). If you delete My Clippings, there is no way to recreate it.

There was a tool that could extract information from the .mbp 'sidecar' files where the annotations/bookmarks/highlights are actually stored (the equivalent for Topaz files is .tan, and for PDF, it is .pdr). But with recent updates only references to highlighted text are saved there, and the highlighted text itself is usually locked inside DRM, where only a Kindle can get to it. Too bad. Kindle needs a true 'export annotations' function. In lieu of that, probably the best way is to open your notes&marks and do 1 or more screenshots. Then you can copy to your computer, and use OCR to extract text.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-13-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: clarification
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote