View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #474
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The "Upload tags as shelves" feature in this plugin is purely about allowing you to use a shelf name as a tag for a book, to then assign it to goodreads, rather than using the right-click "Add to shelf" option to choose the shelf. The question by the OP concerning this related only to the fact that if you use a tag name that doesn't exist as a shelf, the plugin will not create a shelf for it. I'm still not convinced about it being an option I want to offer, because people use tags for lots of reasons other than just genre
Where's the problem? You have to map tags->shelves anyway - so if you have a tag for which you don't want a shelf to be created, you just don't map it.

And the other thing that you're still missing is that "Shelf" (in goodreads) has nothing (explicitly) to do with genre. In Goodreads, they are tags. I don't want all of my tags to be set in my e-reader as Shelves (as can be done with the Kobo driver) but I pretty much want all of my Calibre tags to be Goodreads shelves - but again, if you don't, you just don't map them.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote