View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
As it is, the only issue I have with the Glo is that one of my shelves insists on showing up as multiples even after removing the books and shelves and trying again, but it did drop from 3 multiples, to two, so perhaps I'll rinse and repeat and see if the other one goes away. I can tell you it is not a Kobo server issue, unless Kobo also monitors shelves created for side loaded epubs?
I would think (and others more qualified than me could tell us for sure) that the shelf itself IS synced to the Kobo servers even if the contents of the shelf isn't -- the server would have no way to know if it had Kobo content on it or not. From what I've seen the shelf is getting duplicated in the database on the device, so as long as the server thinks there is 2 of the same shelves it's likely causing it to duplicate. I'd also argue it's a server issue (at least for most people -- there are always outliers ) since it comes and goes for people at around the same time. I'd also argue that it's a server issue since Kobo has indicated it was and that they were working on it .
robko is offline   Reply With Quote