View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Strange behavior converting pdf to epub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffneedle View Post
I'm working on a Linux platform (Ubuntu 10.04) and Calibre 0.6.42.

Hello. I've downloaded two publications in pdf format and I'm trying to convert them to epub format for use on my Nook Color. The oddest behavior -- when a word has two "l"s, like "well" and "fellow", the second "l" is dropped and a blank space appears. This is so odd. Interestingly, when the source text is in italics, this doesn't happen. But when it's just plain text, the second "l" is consistently dropped.

Has anyone else observed this? Is there a fix for this? Thanks.
Try this.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote