View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 03:26 AM   #6
Raffke_jr
Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.Raffke_jr got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This needs updating another app (EbookHome.apk), but updating it would be possible without rooting, too. This is, what I'm going to do next.

If "recently read" is the only thing you'd like to change, it's an easy step modifying the books.db:
Change homescreen to show "Recently Read" instead of "Recently Added"

Once again back to the reader app. I noticed the following issues or possible enhancements, which of them would you all prefer?

1. Waking from standby does not update clock/battery until next page flip.
Possible solution: register to receive battery/time changes - but I fear, this would drain battery. Maybe it would be sufficient to receive "screen on" messages and only update the values on wakeup.
For me it's sufficient to update the time on next page flip, but sometimes it confuses...
done. :-)

2. I think about adding the preferences (pagesPerRefresh, left&right informationBar) to a menu accessible from the reader. Although they do not change that often, it would be a benefit to set them without connecting the reader to PC... But it would require to write XML files... Don't know if it's worth the effort.

3. Maybe setting the fontsize with a slider instead of (additionally to) 8 presets might be better and would also benefit in being independent from a connected PC.

4. ..... what else?

Last edited by Raffke_jr; 05-30-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Raffke_jr is offline   Reply With Quote