View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #85
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Nick,

Purely because I don't know a better way, I'm afraid.

As you know, I use BD as my book editor, and BD inserts an <HR> to mark a page break. The way that I create my Mobi books is to export the BD book as HTML, and then do a series of global search and replace operations, one of which is to replace "<hr>" by "<mbpagebreak>". I then feed the resulting HTML to Mobi Creator.

If you can suggest an alternate "replacement" for the <hr> tag that I could do to force page breaks, I'll be happy to change my process.
Sure, Harry, instead of <hr> I would just use
Code:
<div style="page-break-before: always" />
I suggest that because I know BD uses <div>'s but you could also use <p style="page-break-before: always" />. Note the self terminating "/" allows this to be XHTML compliant too and avoids the need for a </div> or </p>.

Now, I can't test which works best on an actual ebook reader (don't own a mobipocket capable one) so experiment which one works (better) for you.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote