View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #44
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'd like to understand what happened. You'd been switching back and forth between your libraries regularly before this, so I don't understand why this caused a problem. It should have just been one final switch, using the identical steps to all the other changes you'd made before

One thought is that one of the batch files pointed to an empty or incorrect folder for the configuration? I'm not sure what Calibre would do in that case. I wouldn't want to put anyone else through all this without knowing what went wrong for you.
Well, you have already seen what a dunce I am when it comes to computers so I don't know what to tell you. I doubt it was the batch files since I made no changes to them after creating them. I have no idea why the files disappeared. The weirdest part was when I pointed to the songbook folder and all my files were transferred there. I fixed that by swapping folder names. Next time, I'm going to create new folders to get things working, then replace them with the loaded ones (same file names).

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 07-07-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote