View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #337
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Help needed - collection, author, series creation on PW1 and calibre database

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions for me. I am new plugboards column management. I have been reading and trying various different ideas others have posted, but haven't found exactly what I am looking for.

Firstly, I have a large book database and so I am looking for something that will be a little less time consuming then editing individual entries.

I am currently using calibre 1.11 64bit using the kindle collections plugin on a jailbroken Kindle PW1 with K5 collection manager.

What I would like to do it to ultimately have my books sent to and displayed on my PW1 in the format:

[1] A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire
George R. R. Martin

Now I have achieved this using metadata plugboard entry post from another member (see attachment "metadata plugboard").

This method requires me to modify the "title" of each of my entries and copy from the series field in calibre and paste it into the title field in order to show the series information on my PW1
"A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire [01]
at which point I then need to remove the "[1]" because if a title is too long it gets cut off, and in the metadata plugboard it puts it in front. SO can always see which book number it is on my PW1.

This method also doesn't create collections on my PW1 for organization purposes on my PW1. I would like collections to ultimately created in this format using the above example:

Martin, George R.R - A Song of Fire and Ice (and then I can use the k5 collection manager to tag the various books in that series)

I have tried time and time again to use some form of custom column using the "columns built from other columns, behaves like tags which would make use of the calibre kindle collection plugin which would eliminate the need to modify the title field with the series in it but for some reason it doesn't work out that way once it is sent to my PW1 and I implement the k5 collection manager to create collections.. it creates several collections under author, under series, and under title.

I used the {author_sort} - {series}{series_index:| - | - }{title} as template entry.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post. Just trying to give all the information I can first off.

Crissman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata plugboard.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	115352  
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote