View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #173
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnighthyperion View Post
which system apps can you safely remove from the vox? I'm talking about things like google maps and those kind of stuff
Here are the ones that I remove:

FacebookStub.apk
Gallery3D.apk
Gallery3D.odex
Gmail.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
INQFacebook.apk
INQWidgets.apk
Kobo.apk
KoboTimeTracker.apk
KoboTimeTracker.odex
KobobooksLauncher.apk
KobobooksLauncher.odex
MerriamWebster-1.1.1.apk
Music2.apk
People.apk
PlusOne.apk
Rdio-v2.1.2.apk
ScrabbleFree.apk
Talk.apk
TwitterStub.apk
Videos.apk
YouTube.apk
ZinioReader.1.06.4097.Regular.apk
ZinioSettingsProvider.1.06.4257.Kobo.apk
globe2go_10.15.11.apk

Obviously, if you want to use Gmail, leave that one alone. I've been told that Maps.apk is required for the DRM on some Google Play apps to function, so I specifically leave that one alone and I don't bother removing the ones that don't load automatically on startup. There are almost certainly a few more that could be removed, but removing some combination of the others caused my Vox to do a factory reset. After removing the above list, though, everything (including Google Play) seems to work as it should. I'd recommend keeping a backup somewhere, though.

After removing Kobo.apk, you can sideload the current version of the Kobo app. You have to find another way to download it, though, because the Vox isn't listed as a compatible device. I downloaded it to a different tablet and copied the APK file over.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote