Thread: Mantano App
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ah, I see that others answered, I was kinda late to the table. But have been working with android for a while. It does have a few quirks but is getting better with every release. And as Blossom mentioned some apps can actually be running in the background -- particularly things like maps, weather, gps(not valid on the Fire) etc. if that option is not disabled in the app. I know some people had that issue with the WeatherBug app which would constantly update it's data in the background if you let it.
Some apps like email, RSS Readers, Weather apps and other things that keep tracks of thing via the web will stay running in the background. These are okay to leave running.

I found the Nook app likes to stay running too so I got rid of it. It's bad enough I have to be connected WiFi to import my sideloaded books through their synch option I feel like I am being spied on but it wont close either.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote