View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan of kovid View Post
@ ldolse

I like the general paragraph alignment settings given with the 'remove spacing between paragraphs' option.

My question was about how to create exceptions to that - so that for the few exceptions - i.e. titles, chapters, etc., which I don't want justified, I can stop the indenting process.
If you use 'remove spacing between paragraphs', it overrides all indent settings, in a way that's very difficult to override. That's why I suggested not using it. If you like how it handles spacing, you can do this yourself through extra css.

Code:
p {margin-top:.3em; margin-bottom:.3em}
Which will leave .3em of space between paragraphs. I prefer a 'small' amount of space, but if you want to mimic 'remove spacing between paragraphs' more closely you can use:
Code:
p {margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0}
Anyway the point of all those is they won't mess with indents, so your centered text won't be centered+indented. If your document isn't indented in the first place then you can judiciously add text-indent wherever you like in a number of ways.

This is all discussed ad-nauseam in those threads I mentioned before, I believe you've found them.

Last edited by ldolse; 03-07-2011 at 11:00 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote