View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #842
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Tomorrow View Post
Hi guys,

yesterday my Kindle Touch stopped working. Well, for the most part at least, that is I cannot read e-books on it right now. The home screen stopped showing up, it's just white emptiness. No matter how often I restart it, the home screen just does not load. The menu button and the book search do not work.

But the Kindle store button and getting into the browser (via Wikipedia in the search bar) do work. Browsing works, enabling and disabling wifi in the browser work. USB file mode works. Sometimes my device name shows up in the status bar, sometimes not. Sometimes the clock shows the proper time, sometimes 1:00 AM. Battery is full, charging still works.
It looks like just "framework" (Java-based part of UI) didn't get load properly. Maybe problem with full /var/local or some other "minor" inconvenience?

Post your logs (here in spoiler or, better, into some pastebin serivice). To get logs, execute command ;dm at search field, then look for them in USB drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Tomorrow View Post
  • git clone git://github.com/boundarydevices/imx_usb_loader.git
  • compile imx_usb_loader *
  • create mx50_usb_work.conf
  • connect my KT to computer
  • put my KT into USB Recovery mode (press and hold the power switch until the power LED turns off, then press and hold the "Magic Key", then release the power switch, then release the "Magic Key".)
  • sudo ./imx_usb fastboot.bin **
  • disconnect my KT from computer and restart
  • nothing changed?
Right after loading of fastboot.bin you should use https://github.com/yifanlu/Fastboot-Kindle for interacting with fastboot mode. Don't disconnect and restart.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote