View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #112
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I added zoom buttons as a new option in the option menu.
Set zoom buttons to ON to enable two small transparent buttons, one to zoom in and one to zoom out.
It's easier if compared to "change image size" but less comfortable than pinch-to-zoom.
Currently it's the best option I can provide...

As regards scroll speed, you can set scroll to 600px or to 3px and it'll scroll with the same speed!
I run komic on my PC and it scroll faster there (obviously).
All I can suggest, is to use "smaller" images (the less the size in kb, the faster the scroll).

I'll release v1.8 tomorrow as I need to test if everything works fine...
I'll provide also new screenshots and new instructions showing the position of zoom buttons.
A new feature is the ability to move and rename screenshots to a folder called "@Screenshots@" in /documents/Gallery so that they can be viewed using Komic itself.
The folder is called using @ as it's an easy way of having it placed first in dropdown menus.
This script is added in Komic's submenu inside the GUI launcher.

Sorry for the delay!!
An Idea just hit me, a script that uses the convert command to change images to the optimal resolution! We could use something like this and then you just run it from the menu!

Quote:
cd /mnt/us/Documents/gallery
image= 'find . -name *.jpg'
do
convert -resize 600x800 $image `echo $image | tr '.jpg' '.png'`
done
rm ./*.jpg
This is not actually tested and might need some (a.k.a - a lot of) modifications but I'm sure the base idea is sound. It just converts all the images to png with a resolution (What is an optimal resolution for the images?) of 600x800 (can be changed) using native linux commands. (It also removes the old images.) What do you think? It could be launched like the extract command or others and then zoom won't be needed as much. Plus we could convert all the images to greyscale or the like and add that image post processing you wanted. Komic is looking great!

P.P.S. - It's already been said but take your time!, we are willing to wait for great things like Komic.

Last edited by Titano; 08-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote