View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
I. Don't. Want. Books. With. Commercials.

The advertisements in the sample PDF were very sleek and unobtrusive, certainly, and if I had to deal with ads, I could think of worse ways to view them than through Adobe's pretty GUI. But, unless you're lucky enough to be running on an enormous screen, you're losing real-estate. That exacerbates eye-strain and adds ammunition to the folks what're criticising ebooks in general.

PDF is a clean, efficient, universal medium, and offering it up as a zone for advertising seems to me like an awfully dangerous floodgate. Imagine if Staples (Office Depot) started selling subsidised reams of paper watermarked with their logo: businesses would leap at the opportunity for reduced operating expenses wherever they could get away with it and the spoilt medium would trickle down to the end-users.

This is poop. This is a very big poop.

Last edited by Danny Fekete; 12-03-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote