View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Get Preview link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
It could be because the item that is added to your library is a preview and not a fully purchased book. If you were to download your library to, for example, the iOS application, the book you had added would appear as a preview.
You can't download books/previews from My Library that have not been purchased. The only thing you can do is see a summary of the plot line and buy it for download. The item added to My Library is just the book icon on which you can click, the summary and the Buy Now button. There is nothing different since they changed Add to My Library to Get Preview so I can't understand what its purpose is. BTW I am not using Kobo Desktop application I am using Sony Reader Desktop application.

Today I tested the Get Preview on two books I was considering buying. When clicked, the message received is "Added to your library" but when I go to My Library the books are not there. Something is definitely wonky with Kobo.

Thread: Emails to Kobo help Reply to Thread
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote