View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #38
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I have absolutely no interest in comparing the ebook price (if it's available as an ebook) to the price of the same book in a medium I'm not buying. In fact, if the ebook exists, I rarely even know what the price of the print version is. My desire to read it is the sole determining factor.
Exactly this. I don't buy ebooks because they are cheaper than printed books, I buy ebooks because they are my format of choice. I wouldn't even know if the printed copy was the same price because I'm not comparing prices.

That said, it's different when it comes to my kids' ebooks, since they are not committed to one format over another. All those people that complain about the cost of ebooks should look at 100 page chapter books that cost $4-6 each! I guess I do draw the line somewhere; at that price, I'll buy a bundle of 28 paperback books for $50 rather than spend $5 on one ebook that is just over 100 pages.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote