View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Does your 505 have "Go To Page" and the Collections functionality that the 300 has? Do you ever use them? If you do, you'll be giving that up because the Nook doesn't have either one out of the box. You can get folders/collections by softrooting your Nook, but that's extra work and if you have a problem with the Nook (like the case cracking) you'll have to back it all out because it voids your warranty. The "Go To Page" function isn't available at all, even softrooted, as far as I know. The Nook is thicker and heavier than any of the other eReaders I own (except my iPad, and I don't really consider that a dedicated eReader) and I found it uncomfortable to hold for more than 20 minutes, but YMMV. I actually bought a Sony 300 because I couldn't stand using the Nook, so I can't imagine what you would gain from switching from the holy grail of ereaders, the Sony 505, to a Nook, except access to books from B&N.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote