View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Does an ebook sale represent, to you, a lost print sale?

One of the reasons publishers seem to fear ebooks so much is the threat that ebook sales will 'cannibalize' print sales. I am curious whether readers here find this is true for them. If you had not bought the ebook, would you have bought the print book instead?

For me, I would not have. I do not have the space to store physical copies of every book I might want to read. So, instead of 'no ebook equals print sale' it's 'no ebook equals no sale and I get it from the library.' There is no way the publishers could 'convince' me to buy a print copy by withholding the sale of an ebook. All they will do is lose money.

What does everyone else think---does an ebook sale, for you, represent a lost print sale?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote