View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Rick Osborne
Author, Web Geek
Rick Osborne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
I'm wary of making any money off of it yet. The photos I used on the cover are not available for commercial works, so for now I need to avoid any licensing entanglements.

But I do appreciate the offer, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
have you considered submitting it to Authonomy?
I hadn't heard of it, but thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you for offering your work on MobileRead and especially in a format besides pdf
No problem! I'm sorry I couldn't get it converted over to a few more formats. The source document is written in OpenOffice, and even when I save it over to DOC format it still makes BookDesigner4 crash. I saw that Microsoft has their own program for converting to LIT, so I'll see if I can get that to work.

What's the quote? "The great thing about Standards is that there are so many to choose from", I think.

Quote:
I like supporting authors on this Forum especially when they join in, learn about us (the end consumer) and expand their knowledge about ebooks.
For the record, it's really weird to be on the other side of that line (consumer versus producer). It's interesting, because it's providing me with all sort of new perspectives on things. As a consumer, we're so frustrated at how the producers just "don't get it". But as a producer, let me tell you that it's surprisingly hard to get -- there are so many different formats and communities and islands that are all clamoring to be heard. I'm a technical guy, probably more tech-savvy than 99% of the authors out there, and even I have one heckuva learning curve.

There's a great business opportunity here if someone wanted to reach out and grab it. By becoming a Subject Matter Expert on the intricacies of digital publishing and distribution, you could make some cash by offering your services to the right people.

But I'm getting off-topic ...

Quote:
Your work is on my list to be read during spring break
I hope you enjoy it. And, seriously, I hope that if you don't enjoy it you can come back here and tell me exactly why not. I know I'm not Crichton or Stephenson or Gaiman, but the only way I'm going to get any better is by people telling me what they don't like.

Quote:
Good Luck and I hope you stop back by, introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" forum, and check out the Writers' Corner.
Thanks, I certainly will!
Rick Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote