View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #691
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Actually, a very nice lady had the misfortune of taking my call for a good fifteen minutes. I apologized that I was unable to speak directly with the devs and asked if she would be kind enough to forward my comments. She thanked me and said OD does indeed listen to its patrons. (?) As a matter of fact, she told me, as an example, the reason the Cart feature was removed was due to people complaining that their titles disappeared when they finally got around to the checkout hours later -- even though CLEARLY labeled that carts would expire in 30 or 60 minutes, depending on the library. Amazing that this a challenge to some.

She encouraged users to send comments/complaints via the links on the library site -- which can be inconvenient when one frequents more than one library!

BTW, I've always used the classic version of OD's search engine too -- it's the one that has slowed to a crawl. (regardless of my location or time of day/night). I complained about this too.
Interesting conversation! That email form is such a pain to use, but I'll write my 4 libraries as well then.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote