View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Buying from Amazon US, although in another country

There have been lots of threads, how to buy from the US although not being a US resident.
I'm switching back and forth between my US and German addresses in the very same account.
But so far, I've considered this kind of a "loophole".
But, when checking my country settings in my Kindle account in Amazon Germany, I've found this (sorry, German) (snapshot attached):

Basically it says: "Do you want to buy from Amazon US? We're glad to tell you, you can do so...Simply port your Kindle account to Amzon.com by clicking the button below".

I can't remember, having seen this before...
And in the past I've needed a US address. From the description, I don't think that's needed anymore.

Reading this, the stories about Amazon killing accounts because of people buying elsewhere don't make any sense at all.

I don't find the same statement in the US account. So obviously you can buy in the US from "everywhere", but not the other way around (probably not that popular anyway)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	97447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon (2).jpg
Views:	385
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	97448  

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote