View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRNYC View Post
when I import it into Calibre it sees it as a zip file.
Calibre does not see it as a zip file it sees it as a html file. When a html file is added to calibre, calibre will reach out and grab any other html pages and any images and package the complete group in a zip file for handling purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRNYC View Post
When I convert it and export it to my Kindle 3, it ignores the page breaks. I have quotes that should be on their own page but it is not working.
I'm not familiar with html but are you using the Mobipocket-specific page break tag:
Code:
<mbp:pagebreak/>
There is a good write up on creating mobi books in the mobilread wiki. Also there is a another forum here that specializes in mobi and there is the Mobipocket development center that may have info critical to developing your book. I almost forgot check out Amazon's kindle Publishing programs for more info.

Good Luck with your book.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-04-2011 at 02:03 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote