View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
squiggle8
squiggle8 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 500
Angry Accented characters onto reader using Mac

I am trying to get among others Hungarian texts onto my reader, somebody please help.
I am using Kovid's libprs500.
Some html files convert fine (or not far off) - that's usually the ones that have the accented characters in the main body instead of html encoded ones.
In the html->lrs files the bottleneck are the characters "?" and "?" <edit: wow, these are sooo special they don't show up here, either. Anyway, it's a u with double acute and an o with double acute. ű and ő - used unicode here). They are usually replaced by space, sometimes just omitted (did not manage to figure out which one happens when).
RTF, PDF so far never converted to anything enjoyable, it's usually the same two characters giving trouble, occasionally others, too.
I did try embedding fonts, according to Kovid my command was correct, however, the embedding did not happen. I must be missing something and I cannot figure out what. Kovid converted a font embedded file for me, it looks GREAT, however, it took the reader 8 minutes to read it in (initialize it?) - so this is not my preferred option so far (not that I can even do it).

Please, somebody help, I'm getting rather frustrated!

Last edited by squiggle8; 11-19-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spec characters did not show up in the message.
squiggle8 is offline   Reply With Quote