View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Working the challenge: well, it for you, really. You just set a goal and then report in periodically on how you're doing My goal is going to be 50 books from here between September and Christmas (I want to finish my summer challenge first). Your goal could be some other amount/timeline. As long as it's about books from here, it's on-topic.

For my other 'main hobby with huge message board' (collecting/using fitness dvds) we have all sorts of check-ins and challenges. Some are more specific (people using a specific set or instructor) and some are more general. But I find when I join one, I enjoy the camaraderie of others doing the same type of thing. So I announced my summer reading goal, and while it did not take off into a huge thing, necessarily, there are a few others checking in from time to time, and I enjoy that.
Ah yes -- I joined your summer challenge and I'm enjoying seeing how others are doing. As you suggested, I set my own goal -- using your dates. I think a "read from here" challenge is great. I'm probably going to set a very low number for that one, though, as I must keep up with the paper books from my book-swapping group. I'll decide come September!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote