View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #62
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
a more basic issue is the knock-on effect this would have on non-hacked sony readers i.e. those NOT running PRS+

there would I think have to be 2 version of the plug-in, one for normal SONy's - placing the images where they are urrently located to be used a cyclic screensavers,; and a special PRS+ version as per your draft spec above.

I've no idea of the ratio of normal sony users to PRS+ users, I somehow doubt there's be sufficient enthusiasm for maintaining this as it would need ongoing co-ordination between at least 3 developers - 1. jackie for plug=in, 2. Kovid for calibre + 3. whoever for PRS+

It would be simpler to make the whole thing a PRS+ stand-alone feature: extract cover art from books on reader, use as screen saver i.e. do exactly what Kobo firmware already does. OR dare I say buy a Kobo if this is a must have feature!
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote