View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #60
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
HOMESTEADING: A 21st Century Beginning of Self Reliance [Kindle Edition]
Greg Pavlosky (Author), Teri Pavlosky (Editor)

http://www.amazon.com/HOMESTEADING-C...154606011_f_81

Quote:
HOMESTEADIN: A 21st Century Beginning of Self Reliance is my first book. I hope that this will help you and give you some things to think about if you want to live a more self reliant and self sufficient life. I didn't fill the book with pictures and illustrations since I try to live by the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid). The information is designed to get you started and allow you to make your place, truly your place. There is no right way or wrong way to do this. You make the choices and then work within those choices. Starting our homestead 30 years later than what we ever envisioned was not our intention years ago. But, life is never easy and if anyone told you it would be then they lied. You will get out of life what you put into it. The chasing of the American dream of the perfect house, job and other things is not what it used to be. The recession that began in 2008 has left many people with broken lives and broken dreams. Some lost jobs, others lost homes and others lost their retirement money. This brings us to why you may have chosen to pursue a simpler way of life and not depend on others but instead to rely on yourself.

You can make this homestead into whatever you want and whether it is a rural, suburban or even an urban location it is yours. You (or you and your family) make the choices and decisions and live with the outcome of those decisions. You are choosing to simplify life as you know it and remove any preconceived notions about what it will be. Along the way you will remove the unimportant things from your lives and spend more time doing the things that will bring enjoyment and fulfillment. Growing your own foods and then enjoying the fruits of your labor will help to make you healthier and provide hours outdoor with fresh air. If you have children then encourage them to enjoy the outdoors and be involved in the activities and chores that go with your homestead.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote