View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
soheil4
soheil4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Please read here (be sure to read both FAQ link and the spoiler).

Once you have all your books copied into calibre, there is no real need to keep your original files unless you want to keep them for back up purposes. Many people here (including me) do keep their original files (in my case it started out as paranoia but now it's just habit; if I run out of room on the disk, those original files are history). If you do not feel you have room to keep the original files and calibre's files, you can safely delete the original files (keeping a back up of all your files, including calibre's is a good idea, however) since, if ever you should need them again (such as you decide to change book management programs), you can use Save to Disk to restore your files however you want them (and probably in a more consistant format than you originally had).

The only way I can think of to get a short cut would be to manually create one for each book.
Thanks for your answer. I know that I can delete the ebook files from calibre's folder but there is a problem; I can't open the book from calibre after doing that!
soheil4 is offline   Reply With Quote