View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #87
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Why happens this in your environment?
In your opininion, are there some criteria to order the files in the order you get? I.E.: creation date, dimension or other?

Luke
I don't know. When I unzip the epub, the files in OEBPS/text are:

Code:
$ ls -l
total 552
-rw-r--r-- 1 u83 u83   1007 Jun 28 02:42 content001.xhtml
-rw-r--r-- 1 u83 u83   1434 Jun 28 02:42 content002.xhtml
-rw-r--r-- 1 u83 u83 543032 Jun 28 02:42 content003.xhtml
-rw-r--r-- 1 u83 u83   3549 Jun 28 02:42 content004.xhtml
-rw-r--r-- 1 u83 u83   2135 Jun 28 02:42 content005.xhtml
As you can see, they all have the same creation date/time. The content is as follows:

content001.xhtml is the title page
content002.xhtml is the copyright page
content003.xhtml is the body of the book
content004.xhtml is the "about the author" page
content005.xhtml is the last page (advertisements)

Given the file breaks based on pagebreaks in the document, this is the correct order for the files. That is, the alphanumeric sort order for the file names in the epub matches the order in the original book.

The only problem is they don't appear in the correct order in the <spine> section of content.opf, as noted above.

There is one other thing: I started by opening an .rtf file in OOO-writer. Could that have made a difference?

::time passes:: Apparently, not. I just saved the .rtf as an .odt and re-exported the epub. Same result in content.opf.

Also, by the way, the toc.ncx is incorrect. All the chapters are listed, but they all point to the TOP of the .xhtml file which contains the body of the book, rather than pointing to targets within the file where the chapters actually start. (This gets automatically fixed by sigil, if you open and save from sigil.)

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited to add: I am running OOO writer (ver. 3.2.1.4) and sigil (ver 0.2.3) on Debian Sid Linux. writer2epub is ver. 0.3.0

Last edited by st_albert; 06-28-2010 at 10:44 PM.