View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #41
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I don't mind reading a book where the main character is Christian (or any other religion) and attends services, thinks about values, avoids certain behaviors or foods due to religion, etc., as long as this is not the main focus of the story.

However, I don't want to read a book that preaches to the reader, either directly or by having one or more characters preach to the others.

I once checked out a library book from Overdrive that was not labeled "Christian", nor did the description reference God/Christianity etc. The story was going along OK until about half or 2/3 through, when the main character and his love interest went to church, the text of the sermon was included in the book, the main characters embraced the faith, and afterward the characters started talking about God to everybody else to the point where I just skipped to the end to find out how the book turned out.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote