View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
BobKat
Enthusiast
BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I found what was the problem. It was just that Dorian Grey book only. Not sure why Dorian Gray didn't load it opened fine in calibre and the old kindle. So I downloaded it again. Then I ran all the books through with a mobi to mobi conversion and it found another 5 books that must have been corrupted when I downloaded them.Or they got messed up when I ran them through the conversion. Who knows.

I may just load them in small batches, collection at a time, so I don't overload the indexing system and make it easier to find any other problem books.

Edit to add: I loaded the books back into paperwhite ( just for kicks ) that were corrupted. They were all pdf if that makes any difference. They are showing up now as items but won't open. I just hope these are the other books that didn't index properly before. It may have been just the Dorian Gray book messing up the books right after it as far as the kindle saw things. I'll have to look at the metadata on the Dorian Gray book and see if it has any funky characters.

Last edited by BobKat; 01-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.
BobKat is offline   Reply With Quote