View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #14821
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
My next book is a traditional fantasy and second book in a series that I started last year (yep - I'm that slow). The book is The Wayfarer King by K C May, second book in the Kinshield Saga. Again, this is one for my review site.
I finished this a few days ago and although the story seemed competent, it didn't really spark a great reaction from me. I was quite impressed with the first book, but this this book felt like a closer that the author waited too long to write and did so grudgingly.

The prose is fine, the characters are as I remembered them, but the plot felt like the most efficient string of mechanisms to get closure. It was a shame really.

I also completed Ethan Frome today for the book club. Lovely writing and I enjoyed the feel of the story. The resolution (if you could call it that) was as empty and bleak as the landscape in which the story is set. Very worthwhile experience.

My next book is another indie book. Sea of Crises by Marty Steere, a mystery/conspiracy thriller. I enjoyed the sample so it will be interesting to find out if the novel delivers on its early promise.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote