View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
schooner1892
schooner1892 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post
… I read that the original formatting was done by a Paul Salvette of BB Edit and you only use Calibre to control the result. So perhaps this is an issue of Calibre only and not of the original epub, which may be ok?
I wrote Paul Salvette and he told me that the issues were with Calibre and that if I upload the files that they will work out, even the MOBI file which I can’t even see on Calibre. I’ve uploaded the epub file to Nook and it’s fine, including the cover (Attachment.) The Nook internet previewer shows the colors back to what they should be and the fonts are clear and crisp.

Quote:
Can't you control the ebook on a tablet device instead of getting confused by Calibre?
By control (on a tablet, a Nook or a Kindle) do you mean viewing, or editing?

Minor editing: could one of you could point me in the right direction to do some editing? Do I need to make a conversion in Calibre to open the document for editing?

.exe file
Quote:
… If you simple want to have a look on your epub, you can use the Calibre viewer without importing your book into Calibre. It is "ebook-viewer.exe" in the Calibre programme folder. … George
Isn’t an .exe file a windows/pc only extension? Usually those don’t work on a Mac?

Thanks,

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover on Nook Previewer Online.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	92378  

Last edited by schooner1892; 09-14-2012 at 09:10 PM.
schooner1892 is offline   Reply With Quote