Thread: Worst Book
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've certainly read books that I didn't enjoy, but I'd hesitate to call them bad books. I don't think that the fact that they didn't appeal to be personally necessarily equates to bad writing.

I'm sure that there are many badly-written books but, since I don't read self-published books, perhaps I don't come across most of them. One of the most useful roles of the publisher is to filter out the crap.
Harry, if you want to read a review of a book that is simultaneously terrible and good, read On Books: The Agony of Reading Franz McLaren’s Clarion of Destiny, which is my review of the "Clarion of Destiny" series. This series should have been a fantasy winner, but isn't.

The series represents what is both good and bad about self-published books. The story is interesting, if not compelling for a fantasy buff, but the English language is abused.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote