View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #113
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Kiwidude, this is really just a question, not necessarily a suggestion...

Is it possible maybe down the road that there would be some mechanism for doing the opposite - marking books for removal from the device on the next sync?

Reason: When I finish a book, everything from that point is usually done on the computer - update Goodreads, mark as "read" in calibre, then browse my TBR lists in calibre looking for the next book. I (for some reason) don't like deleting books from the Kindle, and by the time I hook it up again, I often forget to do so via calibre.

It's entirely possible that I'm the only user who would use something like this, but I'm sure if I'm wrong, my twin Nyn will be a long momentarily to correct that notion.
lol, while I would not mind an easier way to accomplish this, I am a little leery of using it unless I could figure out a way to fit it into my daily practices. See I use the fetch annotations feature to download my mbp files so I can save a copy of my bookmarks and notes in my books and to keep a record of the dates I finish a book, just in case. But since I have saved searches to use to make sure I have downloaded my annotation file and I have a saved search to grab those books from the kindle which I want removed, this process might be made simpler with a plugin because I am known to forget to change the custom column in Calibre that tells me to change the status of the book to not be on the kindle. But I am not sure how I would integrate that into my workflow, I would not be presumptious to ask you to incorporate the fetch annotation feature into the plugin because I know that only works with kindles. But if you add the feature, I will find a way to make it work for me...
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote